Mondays 09:30 – 12:30 ~ starting 4 June ~ 5 weeks ~ £130
During this short introductory level course into the craft of patchwork & quilting discover the fundamental skills to enable you to produce practical quilts and other items.
You will learn how to :-
• Rotary cut fabric using the Omnigrid Ruler method
• Use a sewing machine
• Make various ‘strip pieced’ patchwork designs
• Layer up a quilt sandwich
• Machine quilt ‘In-the -Ditch’
• Apply a finishing binding
By the end of the course you will have produced a table runner or wall hanging.
(This short course will form the basis for the Autumn Term: Modern Sampler Quilt Course.)
Cambridge Art Makers will supply specialist equipment for you to try and some sewing machines.
Students will need to bring their own materials, threads and basic sewing kit. Detailed information will be provided after booking.